Sushi is a Japanese food consisting of cooked vinegared rice (shari) combined with other ingredients (neta). Neta and forms of sushi presentation vary, but the ingredient which all sushi have in common is shari. The most common neta is seafood.
more infolog on to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sushi
It’s reaaaaal simple making this dish. but it requires precise techniques and practice.
from top (salmon roe, king prawn, scorpionfish, kenpachi, salmon, toro and maguro)
the tricky part about this dish is the angle you cut into the fish and making the rice~
to make the sushi rice, make sure you use SUSHI RICE. Mixture is: rice vinegar, konbu and sugar. Use cold water while cooking the vinegar mixture.
1. wash the rice GENTLY
2. the ratio of water and rice is 1.725 : 1 this is because sushi rice absorbs more water
3. after cooking the rice let it cool to a warm temperature.
4. add in the the mix and using a wooden spoon, mix it GENTLY and fan it at the same time.
5. leave it aside to cool down,
6. when cooled, wet you hands and mould the rice.
7. place the fish on top of your rice with wasabi in the middle and mould it again with your index finger~